Presented by EQ, a US Ecology Company
Compete as a team with your friends, family, fellow students, or coworkers!
The five person team challenge adds another level of fun and competition to the York White Rose Run. No additional fees apply. Simply register as a team online or by entering your team name on the form below. XC style scoring will determine which team takes home the HUGE TRAVELLING TROPHY. Every year, the winning team’s name is engraved on the trophy. Go down in history!
Team Challenge Scoring
- Only complete teams are scored. Complete teams must have 5 or more finishers.
- Runners are placed within their teams by their finish time, fastest to slowest.
- The number of points a runner earns for their team is determined by their ranking among qualified runners within their gender. Qualified runners are the fastest 7 runners on complete teams.
- A teams total points is the point sum of the first 5 qualified runners on a complete team.
- Positions 1-5 within a team are called scorers. Positions 6 and 7 within a team are called displacers
In the event of a tie:
- A tie is broken by the first displacer
- If a team does not have displacers then the team with 6 finishers wins.
- If both teams have only 5 finishers then the total score of the first 4 finishers wins.